Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Letty Saved My Life Today

I was about to cross the street earlier this evening. It was raining so hard, I was drenched. Walking with Letty, we were both in a hurry to take the first ride home. There was a puddle of water that I tried to skip to so my velvet shoes won't get wet inside.

Out of nowhere, a motorcycle was fast approaching that it almost hit me if Letty didn't pull me back.
In the process, I stepped on the puddle of water and my poor velvet flats were drenched. I wanted to cry. I was so mad at Letty for getting my shoes wet.

I told him, I did it because I didn't want my shoes to get wet.

He snapped back, a little furious because I wasn't alert enough to keep myself safe, "What would you need your shoes for if you got hit by that motorcycle?"

Well, that definitely shut me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment